Setup Face Unlock Feature on Galaxy S2 With Android 4.0
Android 4.0 is the latest version of Google’s Android mobile OS. It brings some UI enhancement and new exciting features. One of them, is the Face Unlock. This function is exclusively available for Android 4.0 handsets only. Today, we are going to teach you how to set up the face-unlock function on Samsung Galaxy SII.
Before we begin the tutorial, make sure that you already root your Samsung Galaxy SII. Then you have to install ClockworkMod Recovery app and work under Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with firmware code named as XXKP8. If you already met all of those condition, the we can start the set up process.
1. Download Face Unlock Update file into your computer and move the .zip file to your SD Card.
2. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S II. Press both volume + and OK buttons altogether. While holding on these buttons, press the Power button. This action will prompt your handset to recovery mode.
3. Once you’re already in recovery mode, press the Wipe Data or Factory Reset button, then continue with Wipe cache Partition.
4. Wait for the process to finished and select Reboot System Now.
5. Once again, prompt your Samsung Galaxy S II into recovery mode.
6. Now, select the Install zip from SD card button. Continue with Choose zip from SD card. Browse for the .zip file that you’ve already copied on the first step. Select it and press Install. The process will take a while and you should wait until it is completely finished.
7. Your Samsung Galaxy S II will restart and once again, prompted into recovery mode. All you have to do is select the Reboot System Now and your handset will support for Face Unlock feature.