How to Unbrick HTC Evo View 4G After Install the Android 3.2 Update
Rooting an android device might be little bit risky. But if you’ve done it successfully, you’ll gain total control of your device and able to load it with some custom ROM or apps. Sadly, there’s a time when an official software update is not compatible with rooted device.
For example, owners of rooted HTC Evo View 4G will end up with soft-bricking their device if they attempt to grab and install the Over The Air Android 3.2 Honeycomb update, which is issued by HTC few weeks ago. Fortunately, there’s a solution to solve this kind of problem.
Before we begin the unbricking process, make sure that you’ve already download and install the latest version of ADB in your tablet. Then you’ll need to get a custom recovery image and make nandroid backup of your previous ROM. When you’re done with all that stuffs, we can start the whole process.
1. Assuming that you’ve already install Android SDK in your computer, you’ll have to move the recovery image file to the folder where fastboot.exe is currently located.
2. Shut down your HTC Evo View 4G.
3. Press Volume - and Power button altogether, this actions should prompt your device into Hboot mode.
4. Pick fastboot option.
5. Plug in your device into the computer using a USB cable.
6. Click Start button in your computer, type cmd and press enter. A command prompt will appear and you have to type the location of fastboot.exe file. When you’re done with typing the address, hit the enter key.
7. Type fastboot flash recovery cwm-188.8.131.52-express.img and press enter.
8. Now, turn your attention to Hboot menu.
9. Select Recovery button and restore you’re previously created nandroid backup.
10. Reboot your HTC Evo View 4G.