How to Update Samsung Captivate to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread (I897UCKH3)
Today, I found something interesting from XDA-Developers forum.
One of XDA member, Przekret, leaked the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for Samsung Captivate.
I will show you step by step how to update your Samsung captivate to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread through ODIN.
Ok, Follow steps below :
Note : Shall not be liable for any resulting damage to your phone! Everything you do at your own risk!
- Download The Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update files I897UCKH3 here. Password : sampro.pl
- Run ODIN 4.38, You can download ODIN here
- Select from extracted archive: OPS-OPS, Boot-APBOOT, Phone-MODEM, PDA-CODE, CSC-CSC (leave EFS and One Package empty)
- Connect your phone via USB into PC
- When the screen is turned on hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME and wait until the phone enters the Download Mode
- If ODIN detected and recognized your phone should light up the first square to the left side
- Press “Start” button and wait, the process should take ~5 minutes
- If all goes well your phone should reboot automatically
- Square should change the color to blue and display “PASS” it means that flashing process was successful and we have the newest firmware
- Insert your SIM Card and SD Card again
- Now you have the newest firmware! Enjoy the Android 2.3.4 on your Samsung Captivate
tags: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
, Samsung Captivate