in this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade and root your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. This method is the simplest way to do it.
Shall not be liable for any resulting damage to your phone! Everything you do at your own risk!
You will need (most files are available below this post):
- PC with Windows XP SP2 or later
- .Net Framework 2.0 or later
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- USB to Micro-USB cable
- Samsung Kies (Official Samsung site: http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as)
- ODIN 4.38 (here: http://www.multiupload.com/MUBOZPEOS3)
- SuperOneClick 1.9.1 (here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682)
- New firmware (You must be registered on this page and remember to select appropriate region!: http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm)
- OPS file (You must be registered to download: http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm)
Europe: S5830XXKPE with CSC -S5830XXKPE (2.3.3!!!) & S5830XWKB7 with MULTI-CSC-OXXKB6 (2.2.1)
Asia: SS5830DXKC1 (2.2.1)
Africa/Arabic: S5830JPKC2 (2.2.1)
Provider: S5830BOKB1 (2.2.1)
A. Preparing your phone (if you only want to root your phone, go to step C):
If your phone have root (if your phone don’t have root skip this steps):
1) Install Samsung Kies
2) Turn on your phone
3) Enable Debugging at Apliccations>Programming
4) Connect your phone into PC via cable
5) Launch SuperOneClick 1.91
6) Click “Unroot”
8) When the process is complete turn off SOC and unplug your phone
9) Reboot to apply changes
10) Now you have unrooted phone!
B. Flashing the newest firmware:
1) Turn off your phone
2) Remove your SIM Card and SD Card
3) Extract previously downloaded firmware
4) Open ODIN 4.38 on your PC
5) Select from extracted archive: OPS-OPS, Boot-APBOOT, Phone-MODEM, PDA-CODE, CSC-CSC (leave EFS and One Package empty)
6) Connect your phone via USB into PC
7) When the screen is turned on hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME and wait until the phone enters the Download Mode
8) If ODIN detected and recognised your phone should light up the first square to the left side
9) Press “Start” button and wait, the process should take ~5 minutes
10) If all goes well your phone should reboot automatically
11) Square should change the color to blue and display “PASS” it means that flashing process was successful and we have the newest firmware
12) Disconnect your phone
13) Turn off your phone
14) Insert your SIM Card and SD Card again
15) Turn on your phone
16) Now you have the newest firmware!
C. Rooting for 2.2.1:
1) Turn on your phone
2) Enable Debugging at Apliccations>Programming
3) Connect your phone into PC via cable
4) Launch Super One Click 1.9.1
5) Click “Root”
6) Wait until the program will root your phone
7) When the process is complete turn off SOC and unplug your phone
9) Now you have root!
D.Rooting for 2.3.3 (Thanks to russian forum-user with nickname may213):
1) download attached file called upd_1.zip and copy it to your sdcard
2) Turn off your phone
3) Press POWER+HOME BUTTON
4) Select update from sdcard, select the file upd_1.zip
5) After the update completed – reboot
6) Now you have rooted S5830 with 2.3.3 FINALLY!
Now you have the newest firmware and root!
Read full source at XDA-developers
If you have problems with one of this steps post it in this thread I will try help you!